05 June 2007

In The Valley

Poem by Aaron Stout (Hill AFB, UT)

Thoughts are rambling on.
My mind wanders far astray.
What is going on?
I ask you here this day.

I know that you are with me,
just as you were before,
but what has happened to that zeal,
I once used to soar?

Other people are telling me,
You are heading in the right direction,
but why don't I feel this
wondrous comprehension?

Is it me, or is this normal?
Am I in the middle of a test?
Then Lord, reveal that to me,
that I may continue with the rest.

I am deep within the valley,
in desperate despair.
It is to you that I call,
to whom no one can compare.

Father I ask tonight
to set my spirit ablaze,
That everything I do
will become living light rays.

May my worship become free.
May my mind be refined,
that your glory will come forth
through this broken heart of mine.

Even though the circumstances
have not in anyway changed,
I am comforted by your mercy,
to which everything can be regained.

Thank you for that Lord,
for your everlasting grace.
I am still in the valley,
and yet illuminated by your face.

No comments: