26 July 2008

Kingdom - King's Domain

In the book of Genesis we learned that we are created in the image of God with His likeness and given the power and authority to rule over every creatures (Gen 1:26). Adam didn't rule over his household and fall into satan's scheme. Through God's redemption plan, Jesus came and took back the authority and power from satan.

It sounds like a well-known Christian story happened in the past. But satan is trying very hard to trick the Christians today on God's ultimate plan, to redeem you and me.

Hosea 4:6 explains why many Christians lead miserable lives without experiencing the abundant life Jesus promised - LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. The knowledge and understanding of God:
- We are created in His likeness and image (wisdom, creative power and confidence)
- We are created to rule (family, work and ministry)
- Jesus exchange His riches to be poor and took away our sins, illness, etc on the cross (righteousness, health, etc)
- Through the lives of Moses, Joseph, Abraham, Job, etc to reveal His power and glory that we are never alone on planet earth, with the help of Holy Spirit

We must be imitators of Jesus, speak God's words and claim our promises EVEN the situation does not seem to be in our favour. In Mark 4:35-40, we learn:
- A goal is defines by Jesus ("Let us go over to the other side")
- Disciples were disturbed when they experienced signs of danger
- Disciples wake up Jesus and complained about His attitude
- Jesus commended the storm "Quiet, Be still" and highlight disciples' lack in faith

Abba father, we thank you for your grace to be your sons and daughters. I will confess your truth and release your power in every situation in my life. Release your wisdom today to help me in my understanding of your words and able to apply my faith to the maximum. Heb 6:12 promises my kingdom inheritance if I put my faith and patience together through the partnership of the Holy Spirit. I'm your chosen priest and the perfect creation by your hand and I shall be the head and not the tail in every domain I'm responsible. Amen.

No comments: