31 July 2008

Marketplace Ministry

I have pondered the practice of christianity in the marketplace for many months. Apart from spending time with God, my typical daily routine is to focus secular activities as top priority and wonder how I can be salt and light in His ministry in the left-over time.

The revelation received this morning is simply: Transform Lives, Reshape The World.

Our colleagues, customers and suppliers in our jobs take up 70-80% of interaction-time within a typical day. Jesus' ministry was established in the marketplace whereby He met needs in every man or woman that he interacted. Jesus already showed us the way: touch soul, transformed lives and impacted the world.

The truth inside us is the seed we need to release, and trust God to supply the abundant seeds of truth, finance, healing, etc. in our lives (God challenges us in Malachi 3:10 on finances, the same principle will apply in other areas when we start to release).

Dear heavenly father, you treasure my life so much you placed Jesus on the cross to redeem me for greater purposes. You made me in you image and your LIKENESS. Anoint greater measure of your spirit and wisdom today and I will exercise it to the maximum upon my family, friends, colleagues, customers and suppliers in your truth. You are a God who calls things that were not in existence, I now apply the same principle and I profess my marketplace ministry will no longer the same: saving souls, healing the sick, breaking the bondage of hopelessness and fear, witnessing of the holy fire. Revive my spiritual life today in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: