04 February 2009

Daily Devotion (Gen 12-15)

Do You Make/Touch Up Stories At Work/Home?

"Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." God promised Abraham in Gen 12:1-3.

There was a severe famine in the land and Abraham went to Egypt for a while. However fearing his life will be taken away, he said to his wife: "I know what a beautiful woman you are. 12 When the Egyptians see you, they will say, 'This is his wife.' Then they will kill me but will let you live. 13 Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because of you." As expected, Pharaoh desired his wife and God intervened the marriage.

Abraham saw his future and yet committed a common mistakes we all frequently make - anticipate the unnecessary and commit sins. Do we anticipate good outcome by making up stories (not 100% lies) to gain favors? Thank God for the wisdom to remind us His grace and covenant are sufficient for any situation!!

Abba Father, Thank you for the wisdom hidden in the historical stories and your love for me today. Remind me constantly that Jesus has paid the price for me and I have been credited victories in advanced. Teach me Lord your wisdom to materialise the victories in my life! Amen.

No comments: