16 February 2009

Daily Devotion (Gen 38-40)

This is how your slave treated me!

Joseph was sold to Egypt to the potiphar and God promoted Joseph's hands in potiphar's house. Joseph took care of everything in potiphar's household.

Joseph grown with good looks and was chased by the wife of the potiphar. He refused to dishonor his master by sleeping with potiphar's and left his cloak behind. She made up a story to her husband and the response from the potiphar was "This is how your slave treated me." It reminds us Adam's complain to God about Eve.

Spirit of lust and condemnation are always two of the weapons satan use to corrupt our body and relationships. We derail fairly fast without daily doses of God's words in us.

Abba Father, thank you for your reminder today about my potential falls if I do not stay close to your words. Your grace is sufficient for me and your blessing is more than enough for me today. May your power and grace manifest in me outwardly today as I meet or talk with people. Amen.

No comments: