11 March 2009

Daily Devotion (Deuteronomy 28)

Instructions and Execution

Any organisation will not achieve its goal if instructions from the top management not carefully executed. We understood the principle very well throughout our working years.

God knows us so well that he reminded Israelites in verse 13: "..If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be.."

After thousands of years, we have not changed! As we are getting busier with our work and overloaded with information, we miss the mark by paying attention to other idols - work, stock index, etc. Later we approached Jesus for miracles to take place in our lives.

We don't pay true attention to God's commands and execute well. Thus, we don't receive the promises He said He will do.

Dear Lord, forgive my ignorance upon your commands and thank you for your love and revelation of your truth today. Grant me the insight of your commands so I remember well to follow them, your truth is the living water in my heart and no one is able to rob away my inheritance and joy. Touch my lips for greater purpose today. Amen.

No comments: