03 May 2007

Spiritual Fruits Nurture Secular Confidence

In the midst of life challenges, God performed a check-up on me:
 
Me: I'm frustrated with the status quo, nothing is coming my way to receive the victory. Lord..
God: Don't look at my universe your way. Ask what you can do in my world instead of what I can do in your world.
Me: !!! OK, what can I do?
God: Your fruits of the Spirit
Me: ...
 
What measures have I acquired the fruit of the Spirit? How much I practiced each "fruit" in my daily life with love, joy, patience, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control? Do we think we have the full measure of faith when everything is fine in our secular life? What do we do when our secular world crumples?
 
Our lives revolve constant changes, God uses such changes to mould us and strengthen our spiritual life. Are you equipped with the gifts and fruits of the Spirit, so your world is safeguarded against frequent earthquakes?
 
Prayer: Dear Lord, You are my shepherd I shall not be in want, You make me lie down in green pasture besides the living water while my world seems no hope. You restore my soul and guide me in the righteous path when I see no road ahead, even I walk in the shadow of darkness I fear no evil as You are with me. Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in You always. Our lives build around people, make us a true practitioner of Your words and reflect the "fruits" in our daily lives. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: